Tuesday 21 April 2015

First few games of Star Wars Armada

Had my first few games of Star Wars Armada over the weekend, and I must say, what a refreshing change of pace. No models to paint, quick easy to learn rules, oh and Star Destroyers!


We played a few out of the box games to learn the rules them went for a 300 point engagement


Here I have a Victory I class with no upgrades and a Victory II class Captained by Grand Moff Tarkin, and upgraded to have an Ion Cannon. Hellrider made an appearance too. 


Opposite me is some Rebel Scum. My swarm of Tie fighters take early dominance of the theater by killing off half the X Wings in support early, and engaging the rest whilst I bring about the pointy end of the Star Destroyers.


1 volley later, and the Victory II class obliterates a blockade runner! 


The Victory I class closes to short range and lets loose with concussion missles, whilst combined firepower from Grand Moff Tarkin and his ability to issue special fleet wide orders allows me to swarm the support frigates with Tie fighters. 


The last Blockade runner with Lea on attempts to break out but is swamped with Tie fighters. The Star Destroyers bring about broadsides to finish her off.  


The aftermath. The heavily damaged Victory I almost leaves the table edge but comes to a halt just in time.


I have to say I am sold. Can't wait for the ISD to be released! 

No comments:

Post a Comment